Park House School is a small, therapeutic-based learning environment, registered for 14 pupils aged 9 to 19. The school offers specialist education provision for young people with complex SEMH.
Park House offers an alternative setting and provision for young people for whom school has not worked. Our school and our practice are based on ‘Thrive’ principles, giving young people every chance to re-engage and succeed.
Park House has a holistic approach where our young people are truly at the centre of their provision. We design bespoke packages that are flexible to respond as the young person changes and develops.
All our programmes are delivered by qualified and experienced teachers alongside Specialist Teaching Assistants. At Park House, we work with our young people to help boost their confidence and self-esteem, and address barriers to learning and success. We enable them to identify who they are, where they want to be and to see a pathway to achieve success.
We carry out academic assessment alongside emotional profiling to ensure that each programme is meeting the needs of each student in our care. Pupils have access to a full curriculum, alongside achieving the academic qualifications identified in their plan.
There is also a very sharp focus on the next steps. A combination of targeted work, advice and guidance, college placements, work experience and volunteering not only develops a sense of self and belonging; it sparks powerful aspirations within our pupils for their future, and what they can achieve.
Park House, Taunton, Somerset
Headteacher: Anne Balderstone-Dowds
Mobile: 01823 282668
Proprietor: Five Rivers Child Care Limited
Chair: David Howard
Phone: 01722 435799
Head office: Five Rivers Child Care Limited, 47 Bedwin Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 3UT
Phone: 0800 389 8708
There were no complaints registered under the formal procedure during the preceding school year.
- Park House Prospectus
- Park House Ofsted Report
- Park House Assessment Policy
- Park House Anti-Bullying Policy
- Park House School Complaints Policy
- Park House Special Education Needs Policy
- Park House Curriculum Policy
- Park House Internet Safety Policy
- Park House Behaviour Policy
- Park House Educational Visits Policy
- Park House Attendance Policy
- Park House Spiritual, Moral and Cultural Policy
- Park House First Aid Policy
- Park House Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy incl. Prevent Guidance
- Park House Preventing Extremism Policy
- Park House Health and Safety Policy
- Five Rivers Equality & Diversity Policy & Procedure
- Park House Admissions Policy & Procedure