The Spires school provides a safe environment for young people to develop vocational skills, life assets and achieve academically within a therapeutic and holistic setting.
The Spires school enables Young People to participate in and contribute positively to modern society with a vision for their futures as lifelong learners and global citizens.
The Spires School works with children who have social, emotional and emerging mental health needs.
The school is located in historic listed buildings in a quiet area of Salisbury, providing a safe and nurturing environment for anxious, vulnerable pupils who are unable to sustain a mainstream placement.
Our educational offering balances academic studies with physical and outdoor education, vocational studies and personal development programmes.
We teach our children in small groups, or on a one-to-one basis, adopting a bite-size learning approach based on personal interests and community issues. This engages our pupils and helps to extend their concentration. Each follows a bespoke programme and works towards a range of accredited outcomes.
The Spires provides a quiet but stimulating learning environment. Pupils also participate in Forest School, with cooking, role play and targeted intervention programmes alongside topic-based learning activities.
Pupils work towards accredited courses such as Entry Level, AQA Unit Awards, Asdan Awards, CoPE and GCSE. This is complemented by outdoor-based development activities, vocational studies and life skills.
All children receive an Individual Education Plan (IEP) and Individual Behaviour Plan (IBP). Both are reviewed regularly to track academic, social and emotional progress.
The school benefits from a highly experienced and skilled team, with every member trained in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI).
Tutors and key workers play a vital role as the first point of contact for parents and carers, and twice-daily tutor times will offer a space for pupil discussions on behaviour and worries. We also work closely with outside agencies, therapists and other professionals.
The Spires, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 3YA
Acting Headteacher: Louise Bethel
Telephone: 01722 820970
Proprietor: Five Rivers Child Care Limited
Chair: David Howard
Telephone: 01722 435799
Head office: Five Rivers Child Care Limited, 47 Bedwin Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 3UT
Phone: 0800 389 8708
There were no complaints registered under the formal procedure during the preceding school year.
- The Spires Prospectus
- The Spires - School Complaints Policy & Procedure
- The Spires - Special Education Needs Policy & Procedure
- The Spires - Admissions Policy & Procedure
- The Spires - Assessment, Planning, Reporting & Recording Policy & Procedure
- The Spires - Attendance Policy & Procedure
- The Spires - Curriculum Policy & Procedure
- The Spires - Data Protection Policy
- Five Rivers Equality & Diversity Policy & Procedure
- The Spires - Internet Safety Policy & Procedure
- The Spires - Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- The Spires - Preventing Extremism Policy
- The Spires - Behaviour Policy
- The Spires Health and Safety Policy
- The Spires First Aid Policy
- The Spires Educational Visits Policy
- The Spires - School Complaints Policy and Procedure
- The Spires - Anti-Bullying Policy & Procedure