Our Fostering Service
Five Rivers Child Care was established in 1989 by Pam McConnell, our founder.
Due to the success of our residential services, we needed to find suitable families for the children exiting our children’s homes. We then formed our not-for-profit Family Placement Service in 1995.
We have consistently grown and developed over the years to respond and provide for the needs of a diverse range of children and young people. We are dedicated to meeting the psychological and emotional well-being of children and young people who have complex behavioural needs as a result of their past experiences.
Our mission is: Turning Children’s Lives around through high-impact sector leading services.
Five Rivers Child Care is one of a few independent fostering services that operates as Social Enterprise and consists of a therapeutic residential homes, fostering education service, assessment and therapy.
As an innovative Social Enterprise you can be confident that we have a strong ethos and social purpose by placing the needs of our children and young people at the very centre of everything we do. This is why any financial surplus (profit) that is generated gets reinvested into training and supporting our foster carers.
As a foster carer with Five Rivers Fostering you are never alone…
as part of a caring, honest and respectful team, you will receive training and support and be carefully and considerately matched with a child or young person to maximise the potential for stable placements where children, young people, foster carers and their families can thrive.
Five Rivers Foster Carers benefit from very high levels of investment in;
- Foster Carer allowances
- Paid holiday entitlement
- Support and specialist consultation
- Extensive training and professional development opportunities
- One to one support; our supervising social workers typically have lower workloads than a Local Authority and many other IFA’s which means we can offer more responsive and bespoke support
- Monthly supervision and direction from an allocated Supervising Social Worker
- Out of hours Social Workers available 365 days a year
- Additional support available from specialists (e.g. educational support workers, therapeutic practitioners and family support workers)